Technique junky?


On the Wild side.3

Art creation is not a mere technical exercise, but rather a potent manifestation of the soul. A true artist's work is set apart by the profound emotions it conveys, which cannot be captured by mere technique alone. When artists rely solely on technique, they risk their work becoming obsolete by technological advancements, lacking the enduring impact that true art possesses.Techniques may come and go, some leaving a profound impact and others quickly fading away. Pointillism, for instance, produced memorable paintings but was short-lived, lacking the emotional depth that distinguishes genuine art. Similarly, photorealism was once considered a virtuosic technique, but it [...]

Read More


On rejection


"Forgiveness" by Julia Hacker, mixed media on canvas

Sometimes it is not about your artwork acceptance, it is so much more you really asking for - Acceptance as professional artist. And this is a BIG one. Are you ready??? [...]

Read More


Call me, maybe


I found this old draft and  find it is still applicable now, a year later. Another one from my Valentine collection. Playful depiction of woman's character. How do one (artist) stay faithful?Also, most of the artists women I met are different from the image of traditional promiscuous character, we  have a lots of things in common. Yes , most of us have family, bring up the kids and daily , magically changing from a creative muse to the working Cinderella . The  difference is, that Cinderella dropped her broom and run to the prince, but  we are running to the Easel .  I would [...]

Read More


'Soul scratching"


I do choose to live and create by a quote from "The Idiot" by one of the darkest writers of Russia, Dostoevsky: "The Beauty will save the world" [...]

Read More


New direction


Last year I stumbled across a vintage Playboy calendars from 1944,1947 and 1950. Calendars grabbed my attention right away,not only because I am always on a look for a new "old" printed materials,but also it surprised me with a stark difference of approach to sexual subject. It is so innocent, just flirty enough without modern aggressiveness and I would say vulgarity. It has playfulness and also it appeals  to a men desire and "appetite" it is done with a lots of tact. Anyway , it took me almost a year to come back o my treasure,but alas.. I am marrying fashion [...]

Read More



Recent Works
Dyptych blue
lyrical situ
Julia-Hacker-Lyrical.1-acrylic-58x60
summer-landscapeIMG_6089-topaz-sharpen-lighting-denoise-upscale-2x-crop
Upcoming Events
Join My Email List

Updates, Latest Works and News